We live in the world of rapid change. Right now the Internet and mobile applications are changing the way we think, live, communicate...
5 Must Have WearablesBhavya
Gone are the days when imagining anything like mini computers was just a concept conceived in high profile research labs. Wearable technology is a perfect example of how technology in today’s world has assimilated in our regular lifestyle. Its use goes far beyond just information exchange. It has now altered the very way we lead our lives, have social interactions, commit transactions, stay fit and experience virtual reality.
The wearables today, are selling like hotcakes. Call it fashion, trend or style statement; it’s amazing how wearable tech has made its place in our lives with so much ease. Popular e-commerce stores like Amazon have dedicated online wearable stores to cater to the rising demand of such gadgets. With so many wearables available in the market, we bring you a list of 5 must have wearables for everyone:
- FitBit: Perhaps the most simplest and popular wearable today, it was the biggest selling wearable in 2015. Despite competition from other companies offering similar wearables, Fitbit has maintained its position and image as a trusted name by offering more advanced sensors for stress and blood pressure, sleek design, comfort, features, battery life and price. It has just the right amount of elements to make it a popular option for any health freak. You can learn more about which Fitbit tracker to buy from here.
- iWallet : iWallet offers customers an alternative to the mobile wallets but at the same time providing higher security from the traditional leather wallet. It comes with a solid hard casing, Bluetooth technology, biometric access and anti-theft technology. iWallet comes with an inbuilt alert if it ever loses Bluetooth contact with your cellphone. It also has fingerprint access to ensure security of the contents inside. For those who feel less comfortable with mobile payments and don’t necessarily want to use Apple Pay or Google Wallet, iWallet provides a safer option.
- Samsung Gear S2 : Samsung Gear S2 has established Samsung’s name firmly in the smartwatch scene. With the smash hit in 2015 and improved compatibility with other Android phones, it has become a strong competitor to Apple Watch and Android Wear smartwatches. With its rich AMOLED display and eye-catching design, it comes with round bezel-spin display. It also has several inbuilt features like fitness, weather, calendar, music remote, heart-rate tracking, and a news spin into view, ready to help. The company has also promised iPhone compatibility and introduced its Samsung Gear Fit 2 — a mini fitness smartwatch featuring a slim design, beautiful curved AMOLED display, GPS, heart-rate monitoring, onboard music storage for up to 1,000 songs, all-day fitness and sleep tracking and automatic exercise detection.
- Smart Glasses : Google Glass may not have delivered on the expectations it promised but it has sure given rise to the competition for the greatest in the smart glasses department. Developers have been constantly engaged in developing their own take on the smart display glasses. Some of the most popular projects in the smart glasses segment would be CastAR, Moverio BT-200, Atheer AiR, Vuzix M-100, Sony SmartEyeGlass, Jins Meme etc. These glasses serve various purposes like motion tracking, navigation, playing games, safety, fitness, health etc. They are a fun commodity to have around and perhaps the most effective way in bridging the gap between augmented reality and the real world.
- VR Headsets : Having a VR headset would be a gamer’s ultimate dream. Facebook acquired Oculus Rift has dominated the headlines amongst the VR Headsets for quite a while. Amongst the others, HTC Vive, Sony’s PlayStation VR, Samsung Gear VR, LG 360 VR, Microsoft HoloLens etc. are among the big names in this league. Google Cardboard is probably the cheapest, universal ad hoc VR viewer which allows people to sample VR content without spending much. These certainly have heated up the game in bringing the best VR experience to their fans.
Wearables have definitely changed the way we looked at computers a decade ago. Thanks to wearables, now when we imagine a computer we don’t necessarily conform to the large version of it. They are a proof of how technology has advanced over the years and is coexisting with every phase of our lives. For the regular users, it has become a way of living and also an important part of their daily lifestyle. But still, the amazement lies in the fact that we have only just begun to explore and use the benefits it has to offer in making our lives both comfortable and manageable.